Monday, April 14, 2008

Somebody's got a case of the Monday's.


I wonder how many people wake up on Monday mornings and think of that line from Office Space. That movie is comedic genius, mostly because of the fact that it is simply too damn easy to point out the idiocy that exists in the office environment.

People care about the spacing on letterhead paper, how many paper clip boxes are in stock at any given time, and most importantly: whether you have gone through all of your email from the weekend or not. Office work is made to be unproductive, costly, and not time-efficient. We sit at desks for eight hours, doing things that can be done in two with full concentration? I won't pretend to have an answer as to why this is, but I have certainly found it to be the truth in every field.

Today I am dealing with mind-numbing check processing in addition to congestion in my throat and nose. Good times. What is it about Monday that makes us all cringe? I think its possibly the prediction of a bad week. The prediction of sleepless nights and days at work that make you want to bang your head against a desk. This week has the potential to do the same to me but I will vow not to let it!

Tonight is my panel at the Ford Foundation with Carnegie, Rockefeller, and Ford Foundations. I am really excited even though my head feels like a balloon. Do you think they will have free coffee??? Some of the perks of being a Milano student I suppose. Anywho, there is about an hour left here. I will use my new stapler to help process these checks. This reminds me of Milton in Office Space too, when he burns down the building to get his revenge.

Don't worry folks, I'm not doing that anytime soon!
I'm actually terrified of fire.

3 comments:

Arrogancia humilde said...

There are some many working hours that we spend doing NOTHING, Management should try to find a better way to make working place more producible.
Maybe cutting working hours, maybe if you have less hours you will work more. More efficiently.
The truth is that many works spend more time, searching for the the celebrity gossip than doing any real work.

Arrogancia humilde said...

Hello, I want to read more ..more ..more..

Arrogancia humilde said...

Hello,
I know you are a great writer...when will i see more of you articles...


?????????????????????????