Sunday, April 6, 2008

Food, Glorious Food!


In case you are one of the few people not recognizing the above quote, its a song from Oliver! the musical-which I have seen about once the entire way through. Today I am watching Celebrity Fit Club and enjoying the fact that it is the weekend, and yet the fact that Monday is looming is somewhat getting to me. This doesn't really have anything to do with food, in theory, however I think I'm getting somewhere with this. 

When you eat a really good meal, you feel 100% fulfilled. Literally, your stomach is filled, but also I think there is a part of my heart that is filled because of the goodness of the food. Today, I have really been thinking about why it is that I sink into this doomed mindset during the week. I need to keep the "Full Belly" of the weekend, all week long. I realize that this is harder to do this action than write it down on my nice blog, however I really think this is key. 

I know we need to start eating better. I bought this book a few months ago called "Food and Mood," written by a few doctors about the linkages between how you feel and what you eat. I also am starting to experiment with different types of vitamin supplements. This includes cranberry and vitamin c (I can't stand cranberry juice)....Eventually I want to be taking selenium and fish oils.. though seriously the fish oils gross me out a little bit. Particularly the smell. The important point is that the things going into my body need to sustain me from weekend to weekend.. and moreover, from day to day. 

I know it takes time for all of these changes, for all of these transitions and figuring out my exact path. Maybe I am rushing to be satisfied when I should be enjoying every course of this meal that I am eating. 

I hope that these books are right and that there are natural solutions to fighting things such as Depression. I definitely like the idea of taking what is already there, and not really searching after some chemical that is going to "correct" or "numb" me. 

By the way, look for a post this week about my book about Yoga and Depression.. my thoughts on it are too overwhelming to put down until I have finished the book. 




No comments: